Monday, July 10, 2017

The "No Title" Email 5-22-17

So I couldn't think of a subject title for this week, so that is what I came up with.  This week has been full of exchanges, interviews, and much more.

So the first thing I want to share with you is our first exchange.  I went with Elder Charles.  We had a good day.  First off that morning, I was studying out of Preach My Gospel in chapter 5 which talks about the Book of Mormon, and in that section it talked about how people who have little to no knowledge of Jesus Christ will come to know who He is by reading the Book of Mormon.  Later that day, we ran into a lady from India and a young man from China.  Neither had been in the country for very long.  We first talked to the lady from India and she told us that she had been wanting to learn about Jesus Christ and who he was.  So we gave her a Book of Mormon and she said she would read it.  I testified that she would learn who Jesus Christ was while reading this book.  The man from China did not accept a Book of Mormon, but the interesting thing was that God had placed two people in our path that day, in the Bible Belt, who did not know about Jesus Christ.

During one of our tracting sessions, we prayed that we would be able to hand out 3 Book of Mormons. Well, we handed out exactly 3.  One lady told us she would take and read our stuff if we took and read her stuff.  We said OK and she came back with two little books that were the Gospel of John in the New International Version (NIV).  That night we spent a while comparing that version to the King James version.  Some of it was kind of different how they translated it, but there are also some pretty cool and enlightening parts as well.  One of the coolest things that happened during this time was when we talked with a man who was working on his home.  He was not interested and before we left we shook his hand and asked what his name was.  He said it was Charles Ellison.  I stopped and was like, “Hey, that's my name.” and we talked a little bit about family history.  As we were walking away, Elder Charles was like "Hey, if you put our two names together that makes his name."  We laughed about that for a while.  It was pretty cool.

This week I also learned how to roof a house.  We did basically everything from decking to shingles.  It was really fun.  It also helped us get to know some of the members better that we don't talk to very much.

The big highlight from the week was interviews with President Griffin.  It was our last one.  In the interview he asked 2 questions.  The first was; how have I seen myself grow and change since I landed in the airport back in Sept. 2015? The second was; with my time left, what do I want to become before I leave?  It was a great interview and it will be sad to see him go.  He has taught me so much and has helped me through a lot as well.

That was my week. Have a great week y'all (haha). Love ya, bye.

Elder Ellison

We Tracted Into Charles Ellison - His Name Is The Same As Both of Ours

E. Frederick & E. Stevenson

E. Frederick

We Found Snakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment