Sunday, July 9, 2017

Last Call! 5-15-17

Well if you haven't heard, transfers were this last week and so I am now with Elder Frederick.  He is from Glendale, AZ.  He is really good at the guitar, at least way better than me -haha.  He has been out for roughly 10 months.  It is possible he could be my last companion too.

Well to start off this week we had some awesome lessons with our 2 convert families before Elder Smith left.  It was super cool to see that one of them is talking about their kids going on missions, but the mom doesn't want that to happen - haha.  Our lessons were on missionary work, repentance and keeping the commandments.

I gave 2 baptismal interviews this week.  One was a guy I knew back in the Chatt Branch, but never got to teach.  He was going to be baptized a year ago, but slipped up the night before and then missionaries lost contact for a while.  Well he has come back again and his interview was one of the most powerful ones I have done.  The man that was sitting before me was a changed man in his heart.  He had a true desire to only follow God and not give in to temptation.  He also had a desire to be sealed to his wife and kids in the temple.  He cried for nearly the whole interview just because of how much God had helped him.  It was an awesome experience for me to witness someone's conversion.

The last few days we found a couple awesome people to teach.  One of them is a guy named Johnathon who we tracted into.  We had a super awesome Restoration lesson with him.  He told us he really wants to read the Book of Mormon and find out for himself if it is true.  We are going back to see him this week again and hopefully he will come to church on Sunday as well.  We also hope to have his wife join us in our lessons and then we can help them progress towards the temple to be sealed.

We also taught a couple who was a referral whose names are Matt and Azelle.  We taught them the Restoration lesson as well which was super good.  The member gave a powerful testimony at the end.  They had some questions about the Spirit which we were able to help them understand.  We also taught them the importance of the Book of Mormon and why we need it.  Those were the 2 main topics of discussion during the lesson.

I also just want to share a thought that I bore my testimony on at church.  It is the principle of "You never know."  You never know if something you say or do to someone else will affect them or help them out with something.  You don't always know the back story or the aftermath of these things, but you don't always have to either.  Sometimes we do, but the point is, we should always be an example of Christ and strive to help and serve those around us all the time.  If we can all do this, then the world will be a much happier place.  Always know that you are great.  You can do great things.  And the people who get to interact with you each day, even for just 1 minute, are extremely blessed, and will be forever.

Well that has been it for my week.  Full of lots of blessings from the Lord and I thank Him for them.  I am grateful I had the opportunity to talk to my family yesterday for Mother’s Day.  Happy late Mother’s Day to all the awesome moms out there.  I can't believe that was my last one.  Time flies by as people say, but on a mission it really does.  I love all of you and I hope that you have a great week.  Always remember that your Heavenly Father is watching over you and can help you with everything you ask for.

Elder Ellison

Hunting Some Lost Elders On Our Hike

Catie - YSA Investigator

Recent Converts

Recent Converts

The Petersons - Awesome Senior Couple in the YSA

No comments:

Post a Comment