Monday, July 31, 2017

God Bless America 7-3-17

Well, I hope everyone has a good 4th of July tomorrow.  We should be having a good one over here too.  Hopefully it doesn't rain again.


So this week we did a lot of finding and less-active work.  We didn't have too much success come out of it unfortunately, but we did have little.  One of the biggest was that we found a new investigator that seems pretty promising.  We tracted into her and she immediately said she would like to hear our message.  We shall see where it goes.  Another big one was we got a sweet referral from a member in Nebraska.  He is a convert of a year and a super solid member and super missionary-minded.  He referred a friend that hasn't had much religion in her life and when we went by she was nice and set up an appointment with us.  The man that referred her said that was going to be hard to do.  I can't wait to teach her.  One of the smaller ones we had was while tracting.  We talked to a guy who said he had read and prayed about the Book of Mormon and said he was fine where he was at, but he did say he would still read it because (in his words) you never know.  Some past missionaries tracted into him and gave him a Book of Mormon and asked him to read and pray about it and now we are the follow up.

This week we also got a new car.  A Chevy Malibu which is really nice and has Wifi in the car.  While we were picking it up, we were lucky enough to be able to say goodbye one more time to the Griffins before they flew home the next morning.

Today was my last Fast Sunday on my mission and so I had to get up and bare my testimony.  I used Helaman 5:12 about building my foundation upon Christ and when I do, then nothing Satan throws my way will knock me down.  I compared that to my mission and how I have faced a lot of different adversities and had a lot of hard times, but yet I still am happier than I ever have been and have the peace I need because of my foundation in Christ.  I know this is true because it has happened to me and I know it can happen to everyone.  Do it yourself and build your foundation in Christ and you will not ever regret it or forget it.  It will change your life.  And then help others do the same around you.  We are always stronger when we work together to help each other out.  I leave this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Elder Ellison

I'm King of the World!


Hike

Goodbye Pres. Griffin

Goodbye Sis. Griffin


Interesting

No comments:

Post a Comment