Monday, August 7, 2017

Called to Share the Truth 7-31-17

So, just some quick highlights:  Anne came to church this week.  We also had a dinner and lesson with her.  She is making some progress.  We had transfers and all 3 of us are leaving and when we told her, she started to tear up.  It was pretty heart touching.  We got to give 3 blessings yesterday as well -all for healing.  I gave a talk in Sacrament that was like my Farewell Talk for the mission.  I talked about how we are modern-day pioneers and how we are the ones who are preparing the way for those people that come behind us.  

We had a bonfire last night where another “dying” Elder and I burned some of our old nasty clothes before we go home.  That was fun.  Definitely broke the city limit on how big it was.  Oops.  We also did a lot of service and we were an answer to someone's prayer.  We were contacting formers and this one lady named Pam told us that she was talking to God earlier that day and was asking where to go and where she can find peace.  Then we showed up later that day.  We had a great discussion with her.  Elder T and I were talking to her and Elder Billman was having an awesome discussion with her husband.  She liked a lot of the things we told her and we told her she could find peace through our message and this was where God wanted her to be.  Being a missionary is so awesome!

I just want to end this last email with my testimony of this gospel.  I know it's true.  There is nothing that compares to the joy and peace the Restored gospel can bring into a person’s life.  I have seen it change lives.  I have seen it empower people.  The things I have experienced while being out here just make me think and know that it has to be true.  There is no other way to explain it.  Words do not describe my gratitude to my Father in Heaven for calling me here and letting me meet so many wonderful people, both members and non-members.  I know the Book of Mormon is true.  It has brought me closer to God just like the Prophet Joseph Smith promised it would.  If any of you are not reading the Book of Mormon every day, then the best time to start is today.  It's amazing.  It has true power.  It exposes the enemies of Christ.  It shows us their playbook and how we can combat against it.  Read it.  Our prophet today, President Monson, is giving his last few messages to us and he told us to read it.  It is that important.  I promise you that you will receive the help you need if you do.  No matter what misfortune or challenges may come our way throughout life, turning away from God and the gospel when it gets hard is not going to work.  I answer with this wonderful statement I have heard from an apostle, "It's true isn't it?  Then what else matters?"  I love you all.  I look forward to seeing you and talking to you soon.  Have a wonderful week.  Be a pioneer as the Lord has asked us to be and prepare the way for someone else to receive the gospel in their life too.  Again I know this gospel is true.  I know we have a loving Heavenly Father who helps us each day to reach our potential, and I know that my Redeemer, Jesus Christ, lives.  I leave these things with you in the name of our Savior, Jesus Christ, amen.

Elder Ellison

Anne

District Dudes

E. Billman Can Sleep Anywhere!

We Are About To Die - Weird Tradition For Elders About To Go Home

Another Quilt We Sewed For The Veterans

No comments:

Post a Comment