Saturday, June 4, 2016

A Little Chilly 5-9-16

Well we had a couple days this week that were all the way down in the low 50s, high 40s.  It was crazy.  I didn't think I would be wearing a sweatshirt again until next October.  Other than that we had a decent week.  I am super bummed and may or may not have shed a couple tears Friday when the Captain America movie came out, but I will manage somehow.

Monday not much happened except for a huge thunderstorm.

Tuesday we did exchanges and our District Leader, Elder Cushing, came to Jamestown with me.  Elder Smith went down to Cookville.  Elder Cushing is a Spanish speaking Elder.  We did a lot of tracting because our plans fell through, unfortunately.  We were able to share our message with a few people, but no one was really interested.  We knocked on one door and the guy, I don't think he heard the knock, came out and said to us, "Gosh dang it. Get the %*# out of here.  I hate Mormons!"  So that was pretty funny actually.  He kept watching us whenever we were by his house -haha.  I want to know what happened to him to make him hate Mormons.  Anyways, later we had a lesson with Frankie and shared the Plan of Salvation with him.  We also invited him to be baptized.  We are going to set a date in our next lesson.

Wednesday we exchanged back after District Meeting.  We then had a lesson with a recent convert who is 9 years old.  The lesson had the Spirit at the beginning and then it was driven away right after the prayer when the kids got a little crazy in the house.

Thursday we helped the Turtons with their trees that had been cut down.  We also had a lesson with Sister Kennamore.  She wants to get back into the church, but she has one crazy life right now.  She also has the mindset that people are plotting against her so that is why she can't come back to church.  The good thing is that she is determined to come back when she can.  She will also have to be rebaptized, that's why we are teaching her.

Friday we did some more service with the trees.  Not much else happened though afterwards.

Saturday we changed the Turton's car tire because it got a flat after an accident Bro Turton was in.  He is ok. Not too much damage to the car I don’t think.  I guess one of those lifted trucks came and one of it’s tires just rode up onto the car then slid off the side and bent the rim.  Later we tried contacting a couple people, but no luck.  Then we went and helped Bro Miller with his chickens and gardening.  It's nice being able to do a little farm work again.  I even got to lift a hay bale this week.

Sunday was good. I didn't Skype home because my parents were traveling home on planes from a vacation, so I will get to talk to them tomorrow.  That was my week.

I was looking through some of my saved scriptures today during church and two of them stood out to me.  The first is Moroni 1:3, "And I, Moroni, will not deny the Christ; wherefore, I wander whithersoever I can for the safety of mine own life." This is a “insert my own name” scripture.  The second is 2 Timothy 1:8, "Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;"  I thought about both of these scriptures.  Timothy is telling me to not be ashamed of my testimony of Christ, and Moroni says that I will not deny the Christ.  I just want to add my testimony, as I am not and never will be ashamed of it, that Jesus is the Christ.  I know He lives.  There is nothing that will make me deny it. even if it is life or death.  Even if I died because of my testimony, I know that it is through Christ that I will live again.  My testimony may be small and simple, but this is it:  I know He loves me and knows who I am.  I can't wait for the day to come when I will get to lay my eyes upon His face and be able to tell Him face to face, thank you.  I know these things are true and I ask each of you who will read this to never be ashamed of your testimony.  Be proud that you know Christ lives and is your Savior. Share it with everyone.  I leave these things with you in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Elder Ellison





No comments:

Post a Comment