Wednesday, March 30, 2016

The 70s Feel Great 3-14-16

This week the weather was fantastic.  Well, kind of.  It was warm, which was nice, but it was also rainy. There was one rainstorm where we were in a lesson and it started dumping.  So after our lesson, the less-active members gave us a ride home.  Well from the 5 seconds we were out in the rain from his house to his car, we were soaked.  It was crazy.  Other than the rain, it was good.  Also just a little surprise for all of you, this next Saturday we are having a mission-wide conference at my stake building.  We are going to be able to hear from Elder Craig C. Christiansen and Elder David A. Bednar.  It is going to be so sweet.  He also is speaking at my Stake Conference on Sunday.  I am looking forward to the end of this coming week.  I will let you all know how it went next Monday.  So my ponderize scripture for this week was Alma 13: 28-29, "28 But that ye would humble yourselves before the Lord, and call on his holy name, and watch and pray continually, that ye may not be tempted above that which ye can bear, and thus be led by the Holy Spirit, becoming humble, meek, submissive, patient, full of love and all long-suffering; 29 Having faith on the Lord; having a hope that ye shall receive eternal life; having the love of God always in your hearts, that ye may be lifted up at the last day and enter into his rest."  One thing that really stood out to me in this scripture was the word humble was used twice.  Saying that we need to humble ourselves before God and become humble.  We must come to the realization that we need His help to get through and to come out on top of our trials.  Another thing that I noticed was that we will not be tempted above what we are able to bear.  Even in those rough times that we all go through and struggle with and fall down again and again, it is never something that we can't conquer.  We will always come out on top no matter how long we go through our trials.  He will never leave us either.  We may think that we are alone and it may feel that way, but that is so we can humble ourselves and call out to Him for help and guidance.  He loves us more than we know and so He is always going to want what's best for us, just like our own parents do.

Monday we got to go down to Madison and we played basketball and had Nerf wars.  So that was really fun.

Tuesday we got to go to the Bishop's Storehouse and I found out that there is an Elder Orr in the other district next to us that is from Middleton.  He knows Bro Walker and the Koefeds.  So anyways, after that we tracted and it was pretty hot.  We met a 90 yr. old man that didn't look 90 and he said he expects to live to 100.

Wednesday not much happened.  We had a member visit with an older lady and she is a talker.  After that we went to a less-active's home and talked about prophets and apostles.  We invited them, just like we are with everyone else, to come see Elder Bednar.

Thursday we got to work on the farm and we did some fence work. We then had a great lesson with Bro. Blaylock on prayer and the scriptures.  He said that he would make more of an effort to get back into those good habits.

Friday we weekly planned and then had a lesson with a former investigator that was a slight bashing session, but not too bad.  We then tracted and had no luck.  We had just a couple minutes left and we decided that we wanted to get our full hour in so we knocked on one more house and a kid named Titus came out and we talked with him for a little bit.  He said that he kind of stopped believing the religious stuff at about 14 and we tied that right in with Joseph Smith and how he too was 14 when he had a question that puzzled his mind for a long time.  We asked if we could come back and he said we could and we probably would be able to meet with his family too.

Saturday again, not much happened.  Justin came tracting with us for the afternoon because he said he had nothing better to do.  So that was fun until it started raining again.  So then we tried a couple less-actives, but no luck.

Sunday we had Ward Conference at church and I learned some really cool things on how to unite with the members in missionary work.  I look forward to trying some of those things out and see how it helps.  Then later we went to the United Freewill Baptist Church.  It was a little boring, but still interesting.

Well that has been my week and I wish you all a wonderful next week.  I just want you all to know that I have a testimony of this gospel.  I know that it is true.  I know that the Book of Mormon is true.  I know that Christ suffered for all of our sins and died on the cross for each of us.  I know that He rose again on the third day to overcome death for us again so that we can live with Him and our families forever.  I know that He lives and loves me and each of you.  There is nothing more satisfying than to know that He went through everything He did for me, because He loves me.  I am eternally grateful to Him.  I have not found any greater gift or happiness than to have the fullness of the gospel in my life and to receive the blessings that come from it.  I know that Joseph Smith, as a 14 yr. old boy, had a question as to what church was true.  And through his faith and action, he received his answer.  I know that he saw God, the Father and His son, Jesus Christ. They did show themselves to him and did answer his question.  I know that it was because of his question that opened the way for the Restoration of Christ's gospel to come upon the earth again in its fullness.  Every part of His church is here again.  I want everyone to be able to receive what I have come to know is true.  I want everyone to find out for themselves, through praying in faith as Joseph did, and to receive that same witness as I and many others have as well that it is true.  I am very grateful to be a part of this church, gospel, work, and to be a missionary.  I close my testimony in the name of my Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ, amen.

Elder Ellison

Good Times On The Farm

Mending Fences

No comments:

Post a Comment