Thursday, March 31, 2016

Easter Week 3-28-16

This week was a way better week compared to last week. Just in one day we had the same number of lessons as all of last week.  So it was much better and way less frustrating.  Also, just a side note, I was hoping to meet Ziggy Ansah at the Bishops Storehouse on Tuesday, but he ended up going on Wednesday, which was a bummer.  My ponderize scripture this week was a little difficult to understand, but it is in the scriptures a couple times so it must be important.  The scripture is Luke 17: 33, "Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it."  So I was thinking about what could be an embedded principle in these words and I came to think of selfishness.  As we turn outward and look to help our fellow brothers and sisters, we shall receive blessings that will help us in the eternal perspective.  In the book of Moroni, he says that we must have charity, which is the pure love of Christ.  Jesus Christ truly was our example in turning outward and not being selfish.  I know that as we strive to do the same, we will become more Christ-like and happier.

Monday we had nerf wars again and other sports.  Later we saw Roger for the first time since his trip.  We watched the Easter video and read some scriptures with him.

Tuesday we helped out at the Bishops Storehouse.  We heard about the Brussels bombings there and that the missionaries were able to bear their testimonies to the whole world.  What a great experience to have gone through everything they just did and still be able to testify of their Savior.  Later we got bashed/antied, which was interesting.  But to brighten that up we found a potential investigator.

Wednesday we did some service for the Worthingtons.  They are doing more concrete stuff.  We did some tracting afterwards, but no luck.

Thursday was an awesome day.  To start out we got to see President and Sister Andersen.  They are so awesome and I love them so much.  We had interviews with President and had some training by Sister Andersen.  Then we had a Restoration lesson with Lindsey.  She is awesome.  We invited her to be baptized if she came to know these things were true and her response was "yes, definitely."  We tracted and Justin came with us which is always fun.  He is about to put in his papers for his own mission.  We then went with Bishop to see Roger.  We reset a date for Apr. 9 so that is super exciting.

Friday we knocked doors the whole day and got a couple potential investigators that we will hopefully start teaching soon.

Saturday we helped our landlords do some yard work to get ready for their family Easter party.  Felt back at home while I worked the weed eater.  Not much else happened after that.

Sunday was Easter, the time to celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.  We had church and then went straight over to the Thompson's for lunner (combined lunch and dinner).  I got an adjustment from Bro. Thompson.  It felt so nice.  I definitely was in need of one.

As it is Easter time, I would just like to bear my testimony that I know my Redeemer lives.  I know that Christ suffered in the garden for each of us individually so that He could help us each in the way He knows we need.  I know that He died on the cross, but three days later, He defied death and rose again.  Because of this marvelous event, we too, will be resurrected and have a perfect body.  This is not the end.  We shall live with our family and friends and loved ones forever.  I know Christ is my Savior and I love Him.  I cannot wait for that glorious day when I will be able to see Him and my Father in heaven face to face.  I am a child of God and I know He loves me as well as each of you.  In this I close my simple testimony in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

P.S. I would like to add that reading the talk by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland called None Were With Him is awesome!  If you can watch it too, that is even better.

Elder Ellison

Service is what it is all about


No comments:

Post a Comment