Monday, July 25, 2016

End Of An Era 7-18-16

So transfers are on Wednesday this week.  We know at least one of us is leaving for sure.  We find out which one in the morning.  It's been a good 8 weeks and I'm looking forward to being meshed into the Knoxville mission.  I will let you all know what happens at the end of this email.

Monday we didn't do too much.  We stayed in Jamestown because of our mileage limitations.  We just hung out at the church and played some basketball.

Tuesday we were at the Food Bank as usual.  We then went over to see Jim and we were able to share some scriptures and talks with him that talk about how God answers prayers.  It was a pretty good discussion.  He took us out to dinner afterwards.  Then we went over to Frankie's and taught him about prophets.  He is still holding onto the things we have taught him in the past, which is awesome.

Wednesday we saw a couple less-active members.  I got a haircut and we saw Shasta that evening.  She made it to church last week which was great.  We had a super awesome lesson with her about faith.  She got teary eyed while explaining some of the things that have happened to her.

Thursday we did weekly planning and then we went and did exchanges.  I went down to Crossville with Elder Wood.  He is from Compton, CA.  We went and gave a lady a Blessing because she wasn't feeling too great.  We went later and had a lesson with three girls who are the grandkids of a recent convert.  We went over the gospel of Jesus Christ and after that, I gave my first Baptismal Interviews to them.  They all passed and are getting baptized this next Friday.  It was pretty scary for me because I didn't really know what to do, but I did do one thing right.  That was to listen to the Spirit to know if they were ready.

Friday we had our last District Meeting of the transfer and then Elder Christensen burned a shirt marking his 1 year mark.  We went back to Jamestown and were able to help out the Millers a little bit by getting some water for them.  They fill up these big water tanks at an Artesian well.  The tanks are too heavy for them to lift and carry themselves because of their bad backs, hips and what not.

Saturday we saw some more less-actives and were able to give one a Blessing.  That was about it for today.

Sunday we had church.  Later we visited some elderly ladies in a nursing home.  Then we went and gave a Blessing to a less-active lady with Brother Miller.

So this week was a pretty good week.  We gave a lot of Blessings as well.  They are extremely helpful and I have seen them work almost instantly.  I have had many Blessings in my own life whether it was for school, sickness, guidance, comfort, etc. the list goes on.  They are for anyone who needs them.  It is a great blessing to be able to hold the Priesthood and use it to help others.  I know that these Blessings come straight from our Heavenly Father.  The person giving it is only the mouthpiece.  I am so grateful to have the Priesthood in my life as well as the opportunity to receive a Blessing whenever I need one.  I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Elder Ellison

P.S. The transfer verdict is that I am leaving Jamestown.  I will be going down to Chattanooga to serve in a branch.  I will still be a District Leader and my new companion is Elder Porter (a little funny to me).  Elder Christensen is getting Elder Parker.  So that is about it.


"Ninja" District
Last District Meeting Before Transfers

Jamestown Food Bank

My Companion Just Stood There And Watched Me Get Beat Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment