Tuesday, April 26, 2016

My Term In The White House Comes To An End 4-11-16

I am leaving the area of White House.  It has been a good 4 ½ months and I will miss it, but the Lord has need of me elsewhere at this time.  I am headed to Jamestown, TN.  I will be serving with Elder Smith.  I already kind of know him from my first transfer here to White House.  I have heard that Jamestown is in the sticks, redneck land, and a little rough for missionary work, but I am looking forward to the challenge and I hope to improve at least one thing there.  Also, if any of you have inspirational or motivational quotes, I would be very grateful for some.  I have run out and don't have any to fill my journal with.  My ponderize scripture is 3 Nephi 22: 17 "No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall revile against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord."  This scripture is very comforting as a servant of the Lord, especially here in the Bible Belt.  Not only am I blessed, but all those who are righteous and follow the Lord.  We are all His servants.  If anyone tries to condemn us or put us down because of our beliefs in God, none of their words or actions will prosper against us.  We will be watched over.

Monday we played some disc golf for P-day. That was about it.

Tuesday we went to the Bishop's Storehouse.  We also found a new investigator while tracting.

Wednesday we had our last District Meeting of the transfer and then tracted into another new investigator. We also saw the Bitters and talked about Conference.

Thursday we worked on the farm.  Not much happened after that.  We went to visit AIM church that evening and they had a good service.

Friday we saw Brother Blaylock and then went and saw the Whites.  We gave her a blessing and I did the anointing.

Saturday we went and helped the Worthingtons some more with their concrete project.  We got our transfer calls at lunch.  Then we visited an awesome member family that evening.

Sunday I gave the opening prayer in Sacrament since it was my last Sunday there.  We tracted into a potential investigator named Jim.  Later we visited with our landlords and I said goodbye.

Well, this week was not the greatest, but there were still a few awesome things.  One of which is that the General Conference talks came out on Gospel Library and we have been listening to and rereading those since they came out.  We are looking for the main point, the invitations that are given, and then the promised blessings that come from fulfilling that invitation.  My testimony continues to grow every time I listen to these talks again and again.  They are the words of the Lord through His prophets and Apostles.  I know that they are.  I know that if we feast upon these words for the next 6 months, until our next council from these men, we will be blessed.  Our lights within us will grow and people will see the change in us.  Our testimonies will grow as well.  I leave you with this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Elder Ellison

Last Day Working on This Farm

My Crazy District

Last Time For Me To Work on the Worthington's Concrete Project

No comments:

Post a Comment