Friday, February 19, 2016

From Cold to Hot! 2-1-16

Well this week was completely opposite of last week.  We had snow until Monday morning and then Friday through Tuesday we were in the 60s, and I am not complaining one bit.  It is really weird to think that in January and February you can have 60 degree weather.  But this week has been good and full of spiritual highs and awesome lessons.  My ponderize scripture is Alma 44:3, "But now, ye behold that the Lord is with us; and ye behold that he has delivered you into our hands. And now I would that ye should understand that this is done unto us because of our religion and our faith in Christ.  And now ye see that ye cannot destroy this our faith."  In this moment a general, Captain Moroni, is talking to the Lamanites.  I thought of this scripture as if I would be saying it to someone, or even Satan himself, who is trying to tear down my beliefs, hopes, and faith.  My testimony, and yours, is and should be, the strongest thing we have. When we have a testimony, it is something that we know or believe is true.  It is because of this, my testimony, that no one is going to destroy my faith.  I know, especially as a missionary, that the Lord is with me and it is because of my continually growing faith in Him.

Monday we played games and emailed with the Springfield Elders.  Later that night we had dinner and Family Home Evening with the Cousins like usual.  The lesson we taught started out by having them choose someone to do anything they wanted them to.  The catch was when we read their requests out loud, we flipped it so they had to do it instead of the person they chose.  The funniest was that one of the girls wanted her cousin to feed the dog a piece of rib meat with his mouth.  Well that backfired on her major -haha.  It was hilarious!  The moral of our message was to be good examples and don't ask people to do things that you wouldn't want to do yourself.  (Mathew 5: 14-16, ye are the light of the world)

Tuesday, sadly, we only had one lesson, but it did go well.  Not much else happened except we went on an exchange with Bro Cousin, which fell through because the lady wasn't home for our appointment that night.  Darn it.  When we got back, the Cousins had made pork belly for dinner, which was pretty good.

Wednesday we didn't have too much.  We got a ride back from District Meeting with Springfield, except they had to get their brakes changed so we had to wait a bit.  Then later all of our appointments had to reschedule, which sucked.  So that was our day.

Thursday we had Zone Conference, which was the best one I have been to so far.  I definitely felt the Spirit super strong during the trainings that were given.  I learned so many things that were said and from the Spirit.  The Spirit was trying to teach me something during the Sister Training Leader's message.  They told us their topic, but it was hard for me to simplify it into a heading on my notes so I just wrote something down and didn’t think too much about it.  They then asked us to make a new note and ask the question, "What does God want me to know?"  So after that training I was just skimming over my notes I had taken that day and saw the heading that I had just thrown down.  It read, "Love makes a good leader."  (I would change that to a great leader.)  I read that and was so amazed.  It is definitely something that I have been trying to work on continually, just loving everyone.  I feel like that is what I needed to learn most of all that day - it stood out to me most of all.  Later that night we went out with Justin and had an awesome lesson with one of our newer investigators named Roger Grayson.  We talked about the Plan of Salvation.  We all bore our own testimonies throughout the lesson and I just can't wait to see how he progresses.

Friday we did weekly planning and then had a lesson with a less-active member.  We read and discussed 2 Nephi 2 which went well.  I really hope we figure out how we can best help him.  That was all we had for today.

Saturday it got up to 64.  We went out with our coats in the morning and by lunch time, we were just sweating.  We didn't use our coats the rest of the day.  Nothing happened until the evening.  We had a dinner and a lesson with the Holcombs.  We had asked her to have questions for us and she did, except we think during her research she read anti stuff because that is what her questions were mainly on.  I still haven't experienced a ton of anti, but Elder Nimmer was able to answer all the questions really well.  It definitely will help me later.  We then had another lesson with Roger.  It is awesome to see that a lot of his beliefs go right along with ours.  We had prayed earlier and felt like we could set a baptismal date with him.  So we asked him if he would be baptized on February 27.  He said he would, which is awesome!  He doesn't know 100% it's true yet, but he said the answer he got was to keep searching, which is what he is doing.  That date is the Saturday after transfers, so we shall see what happens.

Sunday we didn't have too much going on except church of course.  It was another warm day.

So even though we have a small teaching pool and aren't teaching very many lessons at the moment, we are still having great lessons with the ones we do have and the people we are teaching are awesome.  The work has grown a ton as compared to last transfer.  I believe that it is due to our desire to be more obedient.  My District Leader told me last night when I was reporting our numbers for the week, that it has gone from 0 in most of the categories to way more.  Our goal is to be teaching about 15 lessons a week by the end of the transfer.  I know we can do it through the help of the Lord and by putting our trust in Him.  We are continually striving to change, do better, be more obedient and I can see the changes that are coming over time from doing so.  I love this work and I love the Lord and my Savior, Jesus Christ.  I hope you all have a wonderful week and have fun with the Super Bowl, Go Team.  I can't wait to tell you guys about the miracles next week.  Peace out y'all.


Elder Ellison

Feels Like Summer - E. Zimmer & I

I'm "Psych"-ic - I Love It!  Thanks Shalie!!!

Good Times While Getting The Brakes Fixed

Zone Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment